Saturday, October 17, 2009

"The Passions of Eli Fuller"


When Myra Lake-Hughes emailed me saying that she wanted to interview me for an article she was writing for http://www.caribarena.com/ I thought she had me mixed up with someone else, so I replied to her and told her what it is that i did and asked her if she was sure it was me she was after. She said that she was sure she had the right person and she wanted to speak with me about my art. Now i knew she had the right person, but the wrong info about me. I had done some photos for the Woods Art Gallery a few times, but that was the extent of my art. Anyway, she sent me her interview questions and as i looked through them I still felt that calling myself an artist was a stretch. I then wiki'd "art" too get a better definition of the word. On that page
wiki says that
Art is the process or product of deliberately arranging elements in a way that appeals to the senses or emotions.
Reading that i came to the realization that there was no doubt that my blogs and photos met that description. Of course I endeavor to use these tools to appeal to the senses and emotions of the people reading and viewing them. Wow! I'm an artist. Wooo hooo. For years i have been saying that i have no artistic genes in me at all, and i guess i was wrong.
Myra used our interview and a few of my images and put together this article for Caribarena. Click this link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice article, she captured you well.
Donna Breen